- WHO WE ARE
Trafficlear is the trading name of Clarks Technology Solutions Limited, working under Company Registration Number 14260275 (in England and Wales), with its trading offices at Unit 3B Heywoods Industrial Park, Birds Royd Lane, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, HD6 1NA, United Kingdom, and with its registered offices at Unit 16, Carcroft Enterprise Park, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN6 8DD, United Kingdom. (“We”, “Us”) are engaged in the management of the manufacture and distribution of power management and traffic control products to the commercial vehicle and emergency services markets and the Management of bespoke vehicle conversions to the emergency services. In accordance with the European Act 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018, concerning the protection of individuals concerning the treatment of personal data (“GDPR” of “AVG”), we are responsible for the Data that we use and for the data processing of your personal data.
- OUR COMMITMENT
The care for the protection of the privacy of data is the basis for a trustful business relationship between yourself and Trafficlear. Therefore, we are committed to maintaining your privacy in every business relationship.
In this Privacy declaration we explain how we collect and process your personal data.
We can change and update these processes on a regular basis and publish the most recent version on our website www.trafficlear.co.uk
This notification was revised on 1st September 2022.
- WHICH DATA IS PROCESSED
You provide ourselves with a number or pieces of personal data when communicating with us through our Sales channels. For instance, when you transmit to us data to create a customer account or when you contact us with any question. We obtain some data by registering how our website and apps are accessed e.g. by utilising technologies such as cookies.
We will only process relevant data to deliver the service and goods you expect from us.
You have full control over the personal data we process. When we ask you to give us personal data, you have the right to decline our request, however when you choose not to give the personal data needed to deliver a product or service, it is possible we will not be able to deliver the product or service.
Contact Data: First and second name, gender, business email address, business address, telephone number and other similar data, as delivery address and language.
Details of your contract when setting up a contract with us as service or product Supplier or Customer: Data needed for a normal business relationship
Financial Data: Data needed to process your payments, e.g. your bank account data.
Purchases: Data on quotes that you request from us, orders placed. When you have a customer account with us, we also collect data about your current account status, overdue payments, which could lead to temporary delivery stops
Locational Data: Data on the location of your facilities for delivery purposes and processing of the contact data.
Your interactions with Ourselves: The content of messages, emails, letters and telephones with us, or questions and data you provide us for customer support.
- WHY WE USE THEM
We use your personal data to maintain a normal business relationship. This includes such activities as:
- Purchases and sales
- Improvement of products and services
- Warranty of products
- Marketing (customer listing, newsletters, direct marketing)
- Commitment to legal obligations
(See below for more information.)
4.1 Purchases and Sales
We use your personal data to process essential business processes:
- To input orders:
- The delivery of products and services: We use your personal data that we collect from your orders, the delivery, invoices and collection of payments.
- Opening an account and credit management We use your personal data to open an account, manage your contracts and to open an account
- Payments: We share payment data with banks and other authorities who underwrite payments or provide other financial services.
- After sales and return of goods: We use your personal data for warranty issues, customer requests and/or return of goods, until the case is resolved.
- Customer support: We use your personal data to answer your questions and to follow up the sales of products and services
4.2 Improvement of products and services
We use your personal data to
- Ask for Feedback on our products and services. We use your answers and notes for quality control and improvement of our products and services
- To analyse the use of our websites, apps and your feedback on our communications with the purpose to improve our website functionality and improve our products and services
- Keep archives on our activities and services. Some relevant communications with you or referring to you will be kept.
4.3 Warranty of products
In respect to the conventional and legal warranty of products, it is possible we need to communicate certain personal data to the manufacturers of these products.
We use personal data for:
- Customer listings: We can setup a contact list for existing customers and prospects.
- Newsletters: We can send newsletters on our products and services
- Direct marketing: We can send you messages (also emails and text messages) on products and services we provide, or our direct suppliers provide of which we think can be of interest to you (e.g. because you previously bought or showed interest to similar products or services)
- Custom content: We can use your personal data to provide you with promotions.
When you do not accept our marketing activities, you can still receive requests for feedback, surveys and other customer care communications.
You can suspend at any time your approval for our marketing activities or unsubscribe for messages asking about feedback, surveys, by replying to these marketing mails or to use the contact data in the section ‘How to exercise your rights’.
4.5 Commitment to legal obligations
We process or share personal data with third parties when obliged for legal matters on e.g.:
- Fiscal laws
- Bookkeeping laws
- Fraud prevention laws
- Credit risk reducing laws
- Insurance laws
- Personnel law
- Compliance with laws
4.6 Disputes And Litigation
We can use personal data to:
- Solve potential or actual disputes
- Defend our legal rights
- To react on court procedures
- To react on requests from law enforcement agencies
- To protect our own rights, privacy, security and our property.
4.7 Legal Base
For the following purposes we collect, use and process your personal data as long as there is a legal basis. These can be:
- Because we need them to set up a contract or prepare a potential contract. E.g. to deliver goods you have ordered. We can also collect data in the process before we come to a contract: e.g. when you ask us for a quotation.
- Because we need them to fulfil legal requests. In certain cases, we have to store your data because we have the legal obligation to do so. e.g. to take care of global security, fiscal matters, etc
- Because you agreed. When you fill up forms (paper or online) and choose to give us your personal data.
- Because it is our legitimate interest. e.g. to prevent fraud etc. when we process your data with this purpose we will always keep balance between our interest and your legal rights and reasonable expectations
- SHARE YOUR DATA WITH OTHER PARTIES
We can share your personal data if needed with your approval, for purposes listed under the section: ‘Why we use them’.
5.1 Service providers
When we share your personal data for the purposes listed under the section: ‘why we use them?’ Our partners need to comply to the privacy legislation and they cannot use this personal data for any other purpose.
Information on your purchases can be shared with our business partners from whom you bought a product or a service, e.g. for direct delivery purposes, availability of the product and or services.
5.3 Other receivers’
We can share your personal data with following parties
- Judicial authorities or regulatory authorities
- Parties in Lawsuits, as lawyers, claimants, defenders etc to protect or exercise our legal rights
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
In cases where we are brought to transfer personal data to a location outside England or the European Community, we will apply all necessary procedures to have guarantees to make these transactions in a safe way.
- STORAGE OF YOUR DATA
We store your personal data as long as needed to serve its purposes. The time depends on
- The business relations requirement to store these data
- The needs and requests on contracts
- Legal needs (data protection, insurances, fiscal obligations, personnel matters)
- Rules and recommendations from data protection authorities
- Trafficlear Limited can keep certain personal data after the termination of this timeframe e.g. to solve certain disputes, for actual or future court procedures, to keep track of our archives or to fulfill our legal obligations or defend our legal rights.
- PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA
We review on a regular basis, the technical and organisational security measures we take to maintain our information and communication systems to prevent loss, misuse or unappropriated changes to your personal data.
We can never be held responsible for any damage occurred after access or use of our website, nor damage or viruses which can infect your computers or other assets
Although we take all possible measures to guarantee the reliability of the data on our website and in our brochures and technical manuals, we can never be held responsible for errors, omissions or results that may occur after transmission, resending or collection, or use or these data.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise all your rights as concerned party. Your rights are:
- Access to your personal data . You have the right to know if we keep your personal data. You can ask for a copy of this data; and about information how we process your data.
- Rectification Of inaccurate personal data and, in certain circumstances, you can request to delete data, limit the use of the personal data. You can object to the process and use of this data for direct marketing, or for any other reason related to your specific situation.
- Objection Against the use of your personal data for certain reasons (e.g. marketing)
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict the use of your personal data under certain circumstances. E.g. During the period we investigate a complaint of incorrect personal data.
- Erasure Of your personal data (under conditions)
- Data portability if applicable. You have the right to get a copy of, have sent a copy to another company (In machine readable form) of the personal data you have given to us.
- Withdrawal Of any permission given to use your personal data at any time. E.g. permissions given in the section ‘why we use them’ subsection marketing.
A cookie is a small file which will be kept on your computer when you visit a website. It is specially designed to keep and collect the information about the navigation on the website and to send you personalized services. Your web browser manages these cookies.
Certain cookies can collect personal data, e.g. data you give us such as user names etc, and they can also follow you to give relevant advertisement information.
As with most websites, ours can use following cookies:
- essential cookies: These are cookies needed for the basic working of the website
- Functional cookies: These are used to make the user experience better and easier. These can keep some data about former choices or about login and passwords.
- Analytical and performance cookies: These can be used for internal purposes to help us to optimize the use of the website and to test design solutions for the website. We can work together with external parties for these purposes, so these cookies can be put by third parties.
- Focused and advertisement cookies: These cookies can be used to send you relevant and customized content and to evaluate the effectiveness of these messages. These contents can be on our website or the website of third parties. We can work together with external parties for these purposes, so these cookies can be put by third parties.
You can change, at any time, the settings about cookie management. By adapting the parameters in your internet browser (Click on ‘help’ of your browser to get more information on how to do this) you can be warned before you accept a cookie, or you can just decline it. In this case you will probably not get access to that specific function on the website.
Please note when you use computers on different locations, you need to configure each browser accordingly to your specific cookie preferences.
- HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
To send us any request to exercise the above rights or to get more information about it, you can contact us on below contact point: –
Unit 3b, Heywoods Industrial Park,
Birds Royd Lane,
England, HD6 1NA
Or e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org